Since the beginning of the 1990s I've involved myself more intensely with concert photography. As a former professional Blues and Jazz musician, this time, I've transferred my passion for music into photography. "Looking for the feeling" is the core idea of my concert photography. The photos do not only represent the musicians themselves, but their music as much as their personal feelings.
"Blue Cry" is a retrospective of concert photography, I've created during the last 20 years. The name itself, "Blue Cry", is inherent to expressions of the faces and body movements of the musicians, representing their enjoyment and sadness, strength and weakness, love and anger - scream of life, that has become the crucial insight of my photos, meanwhile.
Staff Fotograf: Jazz Review.com / USA
- All About Jazz/USA, Jazz Improv/USA, Jazz Times/USA,
- Beyond/NL, Jazz'N'More/CH, Radiomagazin/CH,
- Blues News/D, Blues Art/A...
- Alligator Records/USA, Blind Pig Records/USA,
- Crosscut Records/D, Ruf Records/D ...
Official Festival's Photographer of:
- Stanser Musik Tage, Akkordeon Festival Zug, Afro-Pfingsten Festival Winterthur
- Blues'n'Jazz Festival Rapperswil-Jona